Seal Under a Melting Glacier
Surreal Climate Change Art
***and tips for decorating your home with blue accents
An inconspicuous seal is swimming happily under a glacier. A melting glacier. A beautiful seascape, solar and bright. Yet, it’s hiding a secret message, about our climate and our melting polar ice. The ever-changing beauty of our nature has a quiet, powerful side, that we are oblivious about, just like this passing-by seal.
This artwork’s tones of blue and precious azure sparks, along with slivers of gold, give this art print a precious glow. Learn how to add blue accents and sparks into your home with this art print.
This page contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I may be compensated for purchases made through some of the links in this page.
It might help me buy a new brush once in a year.
Azure and Cobalt
Blue comes in so many hues and tones. And just like the piano notes, each of them instills different emotions and moods. If you want to create a restful place in your home, where you can meditate or create, consider this artwork’s potential. Let your eyes slowly descend into the abyss of the dark ocean and let your mind and imagination roam.
Think of the size of this artwork and where the light comes from in your room. A warm, sunny light will bring out the vibrant ultramarines and sky blue tints. A darker corner will intensify the depths of the indigos and cobalts.
Metal Art Prints
Super sharp image details and a high gloss finish make this metal art print spark like a jewel, anywhere you’d hang it. Enjoy crystalline and mineral blues with a coastal vibe. Create a statement in your home decor with a piece of art that talks about our Mother Nature and the impact we make to the already melting glaciers, with global climate changes.
How to pair such colors to your home decor?
- First, think of complementary colors. Blue goes very well with yellow, orange and any tints that come from them. Think of sand, peachy whites, seashells, cream, beige and so on. Match a sand colored theme with blue and create a coastal vibe.
- Second, blue will pair well with white or off-whites, evoking the classical nautical theme.
- Go for tone-in-tone, with blue art over dark blue decor. Add a separation between the art and the dark blue wall, by mixing in a light colored frame.
- Go for in-between tones, with gray-themed interior decor, that will match the intermediate tones in the artwork.
- By the way, have you tried imagining this against a red wall? Try a coral or a dark Sienna. Bold and stunning.
And if you are REALLY undecided what color works best for blue, get my free BLUE COLOR CHART and learn how to pair blue with other colors, to help you clarify your decision.
Mix and Match Small Art Prints
Get creative with your walls and play with small and medium art prints for an eclectic look.
Melting Icebergs on Notebooks
If your next school assignment is about climate change, create an impression with a properly themed notebook.